By Maya Harris, consultant urologist BPC Traditionally, only TURP with its significant side-effects was available for men who suffer from symptoms caused by benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). GreenLight Laser prostatectomy, introduced by the Birmingham Prostate Clinic in 2007, was the first minimally-invasive option for BPH. Recently, more procedures have appeared on horizon. I am a […]Read more
- We have undertaken one of the largest prostatectomy caseloads in the UK, having performed more than 3000 operations.
- We have a unique, award-winning online results centre, allowing patients to track and compare their recovery progress.
- Our surgeon Mr Alan Doherty was recently voted one of the top ten prostate cancer surgeons in a Daily Mail poll of urologists.
- Our surgeon Mr Paul Anderson is regularly featured on Channel Four’s Live from the Clinic and Embarrassing Bodies.
- See our consultants in national television documentaries and describing the treatments we offer in our films section
By Dr Dan Ford, consultant oncologist, BPC When I speak to patients about early metastatic prostate cancer, I often describe it as being like a chronic disease. This is helpful because people understand a chronic disease (for example, diabetes and arthritis) will rarely be cured but can be managed and controlled, to a large extent. […]Read more
My Greenlight laser surgery: “No pain, no problems, everything working: job very well done.” Stephen Cresswell, aged 71
“I read an article in the newspaper about PSA tests for prostate cancer in my local town hall and went along. My results were normal for my age, but I went home with some information which described certain symptoms. I recognised some of the symptoms: occasionally, I would dribble a little urine at night. I […]Read more