“Richard King: Greenlight laser treatment for an enlarged prostate has changed my life.” “I think the symptoms of having an enlarged prostate must be quite like losing your eyesight: it is something that gradually creeps up on you, affecting your life in so many ways. I had to give up work, even though I ran […]Read more
- We have undertaken one of the largest prostatectomy caseloads in the UK, having performed more than 3000 operations.
- We have a unique, award-winning online results centre, allowing patients to track and compare their recovery progress.
- Our surgeon Mr Alan Doherty has twice been voted one of the top ten prostate cancer surgeons in consecutive Daily Mail polls of urologists.
- Our surgeon Mr Paul Anderson is regularly featured on Channel Four’s Live from the Clinic and Embarrassing Bodies.
- See our consultants in national television documentaries and describing the treatments we offer in our films section
Mike Clifford came to BPC because of our distinctive diagnostic pathway. This may have saved his life, finding hidden kidney cancer.
Mike Clifford came to BPC because of our distinctive diagnostic pathway. This may have saved his life, finding hidden kidney cancer. “I started having regular PSA monitoring about ten years ago after a slightly raised result. My PSA readings went up gradually and by the time they reached 9.2, I asked my GP for advice. […]Read more
Theranostics and prostate cancer, by Alan Doherty, consultant urologist and Dan Ford, consultant clinical oncologist, the Birmingham Prostate Clinic. Theranostics You may have heard of a new term in the prostate cancer field: theranostics. The word ‘theranostics’ has been created by combining the terms ‘therapeutic’ and ‘diagnostics’ because the concept behind it is precisely that; […]Read more