By Alan Doherty, consultant urologist, BPC In almost everything I read about prostate cancer, the discussion is about the operation for cancer of the prostate, medically termed the radical prostatectomy. In other words, a single, all encompassing operation for prostate cancer. This is wholly different to the discussions I have with my patients. In these […]Read more
- We have undertaken one of the largest prostatectomy caseloads in the UK, having performed more than 3000 operations.
- We have a unique, award-winning online results centre, allowing patients to track and compare their recovery progress.
- Our surgeon Mr Alan Doherty was recently voted one of the top ten prostate cancer surgeons in a Daily Mail poll of urologists.
- Our surgeon Mr Paul Anderson is regularly featured on Channel Four’s Live from the Clinic and Embarrassing Bodies.
- See our consultants in national television documentaries and describing the treatments we offer in our films section
Alan Doherty is chosen as UK top ten prostate cancer surgeon in Daily Mail vote by fellow urologists
BPC urologist Alan Doherty has been named as one of the country’s top ten prostate cancer surgeons by a Daily Mail poll of urologists. It is the second time that Mr Doherty has appeared in the Daily Mail’s top ten prostate cancer surgeons, having also been chosen in the first survey in 2010. Only four […]Read more
BPC surgeon Paul Anderson’s work with injured servicemen is featured in prestigious national magazine
The work of BPC urological surgeon Paul Anderson is highlighted in a major national magazine feature exploring the “last taboo” for injured soldiers. Mr Anderson is part of a team of highly skilled specialists treating servicemen at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital who were injured during intense conflict in Afghanistan and Iraq. A major feature in […]Read more