The Birmingham Prostate Clinic is supporting prostate cancer awareness month with free PSA testing at Spire Parkway Hospital Solihull, taking place on Saturday 14th April. PSA stands for prostate specific antigen and is a simple blood test which can indicate whether a man could be at an increased risk of having prostate cancer. Spire Parkway […]Read more
- We have undertaken one of the largest prostatectomy caseloads in the UK, having performed more than 3000 operations.
- We have a unique, award-winning online results centre, allowing patients to track and compare their recovery progress.
- Our surgeon Mr Alan Doherty was recently voted one of the top ten prostate cancer surgeons in a Daily Mail poll of urologists.
- Our surgeon Mr Paul Anderson is regularly featured on Channel Four’s Live from the Clinic and Embarrassing Bodies.
- See our consultants in national television documentaries and describing the treatments we offer in our films section
Rugby coach Kevin Beales was just 45 when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He talks about family history of the disease and the benefits of early treatment
“There is a strong history of prostate cancer in our family. My grandfather had it and my father has been treated for prostate cancer by Mr Doherty at the Birmingham Prostate Clinic. Considering our family history, my father encouraged myself and my brother to have a PSA test. My brother went along to his GP […]Read more
In annual evaluation from patients of a major insurer, the care provided by a BPC surgeon Mr Alan Doherty was rated as “excellent” by every single respondent. The feedback was gathered by BUPA to assess the experience of patients with their insurance who were treated at the Birmingham Prostate Clinic. A total of 13 patients […]Read more