Mr Vivek Wadhwa(Consultant urological surgeon )
Mr Vivek Wadhwa is a consultant urological surgeon leading BPC services at Spire Little Aston Hospital. He offers patients a comprehensive approach, including assessment of and treatment for urological cancers, stones and problems affecting the prostate and bladder. This includes the UroLift; the new and most minimally invasive treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and advanced assessments for prostate cancer, including MRI/ USS Fusion and Template prostate biopsies. Mr Wadhwa is highly committed to every aspect of patient care, notably in communication and supporting patients to have all the evidence-based information they need to make informed decisions.
Born and raised in the West Midlands, Mr Wadhwa obtained his medical degree at the University of Manchester (MB ChB Hons), before training in the north-west of England and London, followed by the West Midlands Higher Urological Specialist Training Rotation. His NHS role is consultant urological surgeon for the Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, encompassing Birmingham Heartlands, Solihull and Good Hope hospitals.. Mr Wadhwa was appointed to this role in 2013. He has been widely published and has presented nationally and internationally. He has been awarded the title of Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer from the University of Birmingham and is a regular speaker for patient support groups and GPs.
- Blood in the Urine (One Stop Haematuria Clinic)
- Kidney Stones (latest Surgical Laser treatments and Lithotripsy ESWL)
- Prostate Problems (BPH treatments including Urolift, Green Light Laser Prostatectomy and TURP)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Erectile Dysfunction/ Male Infertility
- Bladder Dysfunction (including frequency, urgency, incontinence)
- Botox Injections for overactive bladder
- Peno-Scrotal Surgery (Circumcision, Frenuloplasty, Vasectomy, Epididymal Cysts, Hydroceles, Orchidectomy, Orchidopexy)